How It Works
1. Choose a piece of potteryWe stock over 300 different ready to decorate pottery shapes known as bisque, from functional items such as plates, bowl, mugs, platters and vases to decorative ones such as money boxes, figurines and animals.
2. Decide how you'd like to decorate your potteryAs well as painting we offer Decopatch and Foam Clay to decorate your pottery. Unlike painting, these techniques do not require firing and so your masterpieces can be taken home on the same day. Take a look at our Decopatch and Foam Clay page for more information.
3. Painting your potteryWe have many painted samples, stencils, stamps and sponges, as well as our techniques tiles, books and our own experience to help you make your pottery the best it can be. We have 20 colours in our standard palette and additional speciality glazes that you can use with our assistance. All paints are water based (easily wash out of clothes) and are non-toxic, so are suitable for all ages. You can bring along pictures, colour samples or your own ideas and we can help you reproduce them.
4. Leave your pieces to be glazed and firedIf you have chosen to paint your pottery you will need to leave it with us to be glazed and fired. After firing your pottery is food safe, but we advise you do not use it in ovens and microwaves. Hand washing is recommended. Staff will take your details and payment (we accept cash and most credit/debit cards) and advise you exactly when your pottery will be ready to collect.
PLEASE NOTE... Whilst every care is taken so you receive your item in perfect condition, occasionally technical problems can occur. Imperfections in the bisque and firing faults can result in damage or breakage to your item. If this occurs you will be able to decorate another piece of the same value free of charge. Any slight flaws and irregularities that are revealed during firing are characteristic of hand produced pottery and we think add to the charm of a piece.
My son and I are regular visitors. He has autism and can find many experiences overwhelming. However, he thoroughly enjoys his times at Kippy's and the staff are welcoming, helpful, understanding and patient. I highly recommend a visit or 2 or 3 or… there are so many techniques to try.
LSR - September 2014
Kent TN24 8JN
OPENING HOURSMonday: Closed*
Tue-Fri: 10.00am – 5.00pm
Saturday: 9.30am – 5.00pm
* except for pre-booked parties
Please contact us for details